Monday, November 10, 2014

Testimony

SURREAL: Haha when strange or funny or undescribable things happen to us-which is on like an hourly basis-Sister Barnes and I just turn to each other and say surreal? and the other one answers surreal!, and that is how i feel writing my last email SURREAL! It has been the greatest blessing to end my mission with Sister Barnes. We are seriously one when it comes to our reactions to things or just our humour or teaching. Heavenly Father has been so kind to me and I truly am so blessed to be able serve a mission and end in Bournemouth. This past week has been amazing. We were able to have 14 different members/families come on teaches with us. It has this tri-fect of strengthening missionaries, members, and investigators faith in Jesus Christ. This is what missionary work is all about. Uniting us all in understanding how blessed we are to have a compassionate, forgiving, consistent Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who has restored the truth through living prophets.

Paulo: A special moment this week was when we were teaching Paulo at Mike's home with another member, Louise. We found Mike in the beginning of July on the street as he was delivering parcels and he was baptised in August. When we were asking Paulo who he wanted to baptise him,and he turned to Mike and asked him. Mike, very touched, accepted his invitation and so it will be a very special upcoming Saturday seeing my recent convert baptise my newer recent convert. I love that this gospel is perpetual. It never ends and I am grateful to understand the eternal perspective. Happiness really is the only thing that doubles when you share it. I got an e-mail from Chris who is back in Mexico. A year ago today he was confirmed a member of church and received the priesthood.

Lost Sheep: We were street contacting and off to the next appointment, but I felt specifically the need to talk to this certain man. His name is Remy. He is from an island off the coast of Madagascar I can't pronounce and we couldn't understand him completely since his native language is French, but we scheduled an appointment to meet. We realised he was baptised 8 years ago and is keen to come back. He works in a hotel and never has been able to have Sundays off, but said he would ask his boss in January. On Saturday, he texted us saying a miracle happened where he had Sunday off and would be able to come to church. He said this never happens and he loved really enjoyed being back at church. It is things like these that remind me how mindful God is of every person.

Hot chocolate and chapel tours: We set up a little table in front of oru chapel and invited people to come in for a tour and some hot chocolate. It was really effective especially since it is starting to get a bit colder. I would send a pic, but left my camera.

My testimony: I was reading a talk by President Monson this morning and the quote "decisions determine destiny" stood out to me. I was realising that this mission has been the greatest decision I have ever made in my life. It seems like yesterday I was in Jerusalem when I heard President Monson announce the age change. I knew at that moment that the Spirit was telling me I needed to go. I have never wavered from that thought as I have been called to serve here in England. I have had so many moments that have made me realise how important the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is in my life. I never understood the scripture that says how great your joy will be in bringing one and many into the gospel, until this past year and a half. The only way I can describe it is that it feels like you are a cup and you are overflowing with joy and you can't even catch it all or explain why it is happening. Well I know why it can happen, and it is all made possible through our Savior Jesus Christ. I have learned so much, but I have also learned that I don't need to know everything.That is where faith comes in. I think I have heard most anti-mormon questions and opinions being here in England, and it has strengthened my faith even more. I truly know that there is opposition in all things. Just look to the source of Jesus Christ who descended below all things because he loved us so much and knew in the end it would be worth it. I am confident in who I am as a daughter of God and disciple of Jesus Christ. I am confident in the doctrines of Christ which are faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy Ghost and enduring to the end. I know Jesus Christ died for us, but that He lives again and loves us. he knows us personally. The truth will always be battled, and that is why we need to stand firm in our testimonies of Christ and focusing on the things that matter most. I go to church because I know it is literally Christ's church here on earth and that the authority of God has been restored that opens the blessing and connection between Heaven and Earth. I sustain and support the leaders called in His church. I know they are called of God. I know these things by the small and simple things of prayer, reading the scriptures, going to church, and keeping the commandments. I know that the reason why we need faith is because we need to act every day to learn how to become more like our Savior. I love the family I have adopted here in England. I love these people. I will always treasure this year and a half, but I know my work is not done. This is only the beginning to helping me realise what type of person, mother, artist, sister, aunt, wife, missionary, etc. the Lord needs me to become. To anyone thinking of serving a mission I quote Elder Scott in the last conference with my finger raised saying "DO IT." I love all of you so much. I am excited for the next chapter of my life. I am not sure how it all will go, but I just know if I stay close to God, he will kindly guide me to where I need to be and who I need to become.

I love you all.

Cheers all me dears,
Sister McLeod

No comments:

Post a Comment