Monday, July 22, 2013

Realizations

Mary Watts: I first typed Bullock and had to correct myself. WOW your package seriously made my life :) It was the first package of my mission! Your wedding pictures should be in a magazine and they were so beautiful I teared up! So happy for my mare bear. Anyway I am going to write you a letter so expect a letter in the coming weeks!
Missionary Work: It is really amazing how our whiteboard and planners are gradually getting more and more filled with so many people. I think my favorite teach this week was with a family with 5 kids! We knocked on their door and as soon as she found out we were not Jehovah's witnesses she welcomed us in. We taught the plan of salvation and these kids (ages 4-11) were so eager to learn and asked the best questions. I just love kids, they are so close to the Spirit. The work is hastening, but it is emotionally and physically draining on so many levels. I love it though, and the Lord is helping Sister Barker and I a lot.

Spiritual: I'm beginning to read the New Testament and loved reading about the first 2 commandments and the perspective Mark 12:33 brings to it. "And to love Him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." It is easy to love someone who loves you back, but it is really a test of my faith and heart to love others unconditionally if they reject, hurt, yell, or hate me back. I'm being tested as a missionary, but I know this test will apply throughout my life. I'm realizing that if we are to become like our Savior, we have got to experience a miniscule amount of what He went through. He was despised and rejected of men, but he loved and sacrificed for them anyway. I heard a poem in church, and thought of missionary work in the same light and wrote something that applies to being a missionary.

realized:
You might get yelled at, ridiculed, or have the door slammed in your face.
Knock, have faith, and love them always.
They might not keep their commitments.
Extend the commitments with faith and love them anyways.
They might not come to church.
Invite, have faith, and love them anyways.
They might not text or call you back.
Text, call, have faith, and love them anyways.
They might be using you for service.
Good you are supposed to be used. Serve and love them anyways.
They might cancel on you or flog the appointment.
Plan in faith and love them anyways.
They might not like you or understand you or your purpose as a missionary.
Pray in faith and love them always.

I'm learning it doesn't matter what people do or say, I already know that my response needs to be filled with love and faith in them and God. Having love and faith in God, gives us greater love and faith in people.

I love you all so much and hope you are enjoying sunshine of summer!

Cheers,
Sister McLeod

No comments:

Post a Comment