Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter!

Moves: It was a funky 5 week transfer and man time goes go by so quickly. I can't believe Sister Schmidt has been out a transfer. She is doing awesome and I get to stay another transfer in Teignmouth! REJOICING! At the end of this I will have been here almost 7 and a half months. I think I will be leaving after this, but you never know these days. In other news, I am a great grandmother in the mission and a grandmother again while still being a mom! Wrap your head around that! So Sister Chamberlain is training again and Sister Steffensen is opening a new area and training as well, and I'm still training Sister Schmidt so my posterity is growing! I have no idea if anyone understood that, but it is exciting stuff for me.

Easter Sunday: Easter has always been one of my favourite holidays, and this Easter was so special and lovely. Kieron spoke for the first time in sacrament abour the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and did AMAZING! I was in tears, I was elated. I loved at the end he said "To put it simply, I felt like I was lost, but now I am found and when I look out in each of your faces I feel your warmth and that you are saying welcome home." Such a tender moment, and Chris a less active member we have been working with also gave his first talk ever and it was so powerful. I love how he emphasized that whenever we are feeling inadequate or down, to remember that we were worth dying for by our Saviour Jesus Christ. AND all of Keiron's family came to church and they told us to come by this week. STOKED!!!!!!!!!!! 
A million chocolates recieved at Easter. Easter Sunday in front of the pretty tree at our chapel
Family Fun Day: Oh my daysssss, this was the best day ever! In St. Austell which is an hour and a half away the Plymouth stake put on a family fun day at the sweetest new school that was just built. They had football, tennis, jumpy castles, Easter egg hunts, BBQ, movies, you name it for the day. Our investigator Judy really wanted to go with her grandkids and so we were able to go. Her grandkids are the cutest and coolest. There was Kieron (14), Charlotte (11), and Jack (2). I am sad I didn't get a picture with all of them, but we were just too much of a great time for a picture. They all had so much fun, and we are hoping we can teach them one day. Since we all couldn't fit in one car, we came with Sam and Bryony and their friend Layla. On the way back they showed us Newquay which is the most gorgeous place ever. They showed us Fistral Beach where they have surf competitions every year. Anyway, it was a very untypical missionary day, but an extremely fun one nevertheless. There was a ton of non-members who came and it was just the best. I am very lucky human being.

Fistral beach



P-day at Smuggler Cove in Teignmouth

Well, I love you all. Teignmouth is just the best area and I am having a grand old time with Sister Schmidt preaching the gospel. I refuse to burn out on my mission and I just want to give the Lord my all this last third of my mission.
Love,
Sister McLeod

No comments:

Post a Comment