Monday, September 2, 2013

Overbrimming

Church: Church was packed. When I say packed, I mean Sister Chamberlain and I ended up sitting on the ground in the back and I am not complaining! The Bath ward is so special because they are unified in such love for one another that you can just feel it so strongly as you walk in. Church being packed had a lot to do with many families coming back from holiday, but still with the elders and us combined we had 7 investigators at church! Church as a missionary is a bit stressful. Enjoyable and awesome, but still a little bit stressful. This is a typical thought process of my Sunday. Wake up and pray that all the people that said they would come will come, that all the lifts will go according to plan, and just text and call. When we get to church we are talking to all the members to see how they are doing, while waiting for our investigators to come and then get members to help them feel welcome. We are constantly moving and talking and thinking and praying. As soon as you are in a meeting whether it be Relief Society, Gospel Principles, or Sacrament you are hoping that the investigators are having a positive experience. And in our case this Sunday, we had unexpected investigators turn up which was awesome, and this one creepy guy. And then in the middle of Sacrament meeting we got another call from someone else coming that needed directions. They got there with 10 minutes left and we gave them our chairs. Then after church ends, you are trying to get to talk to all the less actives, investigators, and members you need to ask to come on teaches. Everyone is asking you about your schedule when you can come for dinner or do service or teach or any random thing. It's a lot of multi-tasking and I am not complaining, but definitely gives you a whole new outlook on church. The time I really try to focus on is the Sacrament, which is why we go to church. At that time I focus on my Savior and His sacrifice for me. How I am imperfect and make mistakes constantly, but how willing He is to forgive me if I put my faith in Him and repent. And then how we are able to have the constant companion of the Holy Ghost promised to us. That is the best gift Heavenly Father gives us and man it is amazing to be a missionary because I am starting to understand more how the Spirit speaks to me.

We are working so hard. Every night this week I am completely dead. It's the best feeling ever because you can honestly feel that you gave that day to the Lord. We set really challenging goals this past week, and that is what helped us stretch and grow so much. I wish I could keep writing about all the experiences we are having. We are really over knocking hahaha, so we have been praying that people will be put in our paths that we can teach. The Lord answers prayers because we met 5 people whether that be on a bench, park, or street that we were able to teach right then and make a solid next appointment. Summer is ending soon so we need to find all these people before they start hibernating again haha. 

Sister Chamberlain is such a blessing to me. I love her and we get along so well. The Lord has been so good to us, and I am just amazed that if are obedient to His commandments, He blesses us. It is that simple, He is promised to bless us, we just have to be willing. Doctrine & Convenants 82:10 (I think that is right) I love you all so much!

Love and Cheers,
Sister McLeod

Doctrine & Covenants 82:10 - I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.

Sister Grobler and Sister Lloyd ~ Sisters I was with for a couple days in Bristol waiting to get Sister Chamberlain

This is the cutest family ever we are teaching, Sujata, Smruti, and Sparsh :)

The p-day before Sister Barker left our district we got together for some mini-golf in Victoria park. So fun!

And we found middle earth

Sister Chamberlain and I. We are pretty lucky to be here in Bath.

This is Tracy. She is amazing and is like my English mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment