Monday, October 7, 2013

Like Christmas Morning

Time: I'm in Bath still with Sister Chamberlain :) I cannot believe in 6 weeks, I'll be out on my mission for 6 months. It is amazing how time flies. Last year I was in Jerusalem listening to conference and as soon as I heard the age change, I knew I would be somewhere in a year's time on a mission. It is so crazy that I am here in Bath, England serving a mission. Pretty surreal. Life is so crazy and unexpected and beautiful.

Baeza Family: Thank you so much for that awesome halloween/birthday package! It really made my whole week. I kept pulling things out and it seriously was something I needed or wanted, definitely an inspired package :) I'm still tripping out how cool that e.o.s lip balm is.

Cult: We were talking to this uni student outside her flat, and her 2 roommates and one of their dads came up to come inside so he seemed really nice and they invited us in. We sat down for a good 15 minute sermon how we were going to hell and were apart of a cult. You can tell the 3 girls were so embarrassed/felt awkward, and he just kept wanting us to get offended or contend back. But we just smiled, bore testimony that our whole goal is to love others and follow Jesus Christ. He was not having it all, and by the end we asked if we could pray with them, and he told us our prayers are to the devil so then we just smiled and said okay will you pray for all of us then. There are experiences everyday where we get to stand up for the truth and explain what mormons are and I'm grateful to be so many peoples first contact with a mormon. It definitely is a responsibility, but such a privilege. I love spreading the gospel here in England where so many people still haven't heard of mormons or have untrue thoughts about us.

General Conference: General Conference in the mission is like Christmas morning. We were looking forward to it all week. On Saturday morning, we went to the Bristol Stake center to watch the Relief Society broadcast and they had loads of food. I'm so thankful we mormon sisters value our food. Our investigator Lauren came too, so that was sweet. Later that day we went to the Broads' house (the best ward mission leader ever) to watch Saturday morning which we saw from 5pm to 7pm. The next day we went to Bishops' house for lunch and then watched the Saturday afternoon, and then headed to Bristol again to watch Sunday morning from 5pm to 7pm. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for the Ensign to read Sunday afternoon. But seriously how could you watch conference and not know the church is true. I am so grateful for inspired leaders who direct us closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for their emphasis on missionary work because seriously I can speak for the whole 80,000 missionaries, we need your help. Pray for missionaries and their investigators by name in your ward. Invite them and their investigators over to your home for dinner. I didn't understand the importance of missionary work when I was in high school. There are so many missionary opportunities whether that be inviting friends to church activities or so many things I missed because I dismissed missionary work as something missionaries only do. I want to slap my old self because that is not how the Lord wants it to be. It is not simply a good idea for missionaries and members to work together, it is what the Lord has commanded us to do by his prophet, apostles, and leaders. A lot of times, we like to pick and choose things from conference, but this message cannot be overlooked. It is so important! I loved the exclamation talk too! :)  But I love conference because it reminds us of the blessings of the gospel and once again it is all about the love God has for us and how we in order to be more like Him have got to love and serve more too. I think I could go on forever about conference and my thoughts. I was really touched by President Monson's love for his wife. They really became one, and so your heart goes out to him because he really is dealing with the loss of part of who he has been for 65 years. But how grateful that we know it is only a temporary separation, and all those who we love so dearly we will be able to see again because of the plan of salvation. I know President Monson is a prophet of God and I'm thankful for the confirmation of the Spirit that I can feel as he and his leaders speak. They speak truth because they are speaking in behalf of God.

Sujata: I love her and her husband and little baby. So we have been teaching her since June and she finally accepted a baptismal date for December 21st. She is going to India for a month, but to see her progress a little bit more each week and finally accept a date is amazing.

Cheers, 
Sister McLeod

Sister Chamberlain and I at the royal crescent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment