Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas!

Pictures: Evidence we are being taken care of. Our beautiful little tree. Our decorations, Sister Andersen is the angel on the top. we keep on meaning to write Christmas miracles as ornaments. That is the little nativity I painted at the Turveys in Bath.

 Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary to the best parents ever, Barbara and Bruce McLeod!
Phone Miracle: I dislike the phone immensely. I don't know why, but I have this tendency to lose phones. I wonder if this will be a life long trait. I hope not, but I guess the Lord keeps testing me to see how I respond in the situation. And usually that means freaking out, so hopefully I can keep learning from these experiences. I don't know what it is about this transfer, but I have lost the phone 3 times temporarily and then recovered it. This third incident happened on Friday when we were headed to meet Maxine. I looked at the phone for a text, put it in my pocket, and then 30 seconds went back to retrieve it and it was gone. It must have fallen out of my pocket or whatever, but we were already late to Maxine and after freaking out and searching everywhere, Sister Andersen kindly and calmly said a prayer. She gets a kick out of my freak outs about losing the phone. I really thought the phone was lost forever this time, so we just went to Maxine and I was just praying to not think about it and focus on her. The Lord really does bless us because that teach Maxine told us she had read up to Alma 22 (she started reading last week) and when we extended her a baptismal date she glady accepted and had even circled Mosiah 18:8-10, that talks about baptism being a desire of those people's hearts. Man!!! The stress of the phone was melted away and as we went to the next teach we borrowed their phone to call the elders to call the office and tell them we had lost it. The elders then called us right back saying they called our phone and someone had it and would wait for us nearby to get it. MIRACLE! Seriously, this situation was so crazy awesome. Life is all about patience and relying on the Lord, and I am trying to learn it slowly, but surely. I'm being patient with my own patience.
Rain: It has been pouring lately. Sister Andersen and I have never laughed so much because there is something so weirdly funny about being completely drenched and not being able to do anything about it. It is the oddest thing. That day in particular both our umbrellas blew out and broke, Sister Andersen's bag broke, cars kept on splashing us, and we were completely lost. We could just look at each other and scream and laugh and run. Oh the joys of being a missionary in England. I really can't complain though, it has been pretty great weather since I've been here.

This is Teignmouth from the bus at sunset. So pretty!
Christmas: At church during Sunday school, they did this full nativity little play and sing-along with all the kids dressed up. It was really well done and so fun to see all the cute and hilarious kids. We have been really well taken care of. The members have been so nice and have showered us with cards, chocolate, cookies, and little gifts. This week we were able to watch Joy to the World and Finding Faith in Christ with our investigators, and so that was awesome to help them focus more on who Christ is to them on a personal level. It is one thing to know the story of Christ, but another to feel its power and personal relevance to each one of our lives. I love how in all my studies about Christ that He is always inviting everyone to come unto Him to receive the greatest gift of joy in this life and in the life to come. I really have been loving 1 John 3:7-9, 2 Nephi 26:33, and Mosiah 5:15. There are so many things about Him that I am learning everyday, but I always come away so overwhelmed at His love for us. I love you all, and hope that you can think of Christ everyday this year. I love Him so much and I think about last year sitting in the field of Bethlehem and having that quiet time to contemplate about His humble birth and life. I hope we all can take that quiet time each day to think of Him. 
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!! I just love life and the gospel!
Love,
Sister McLeod 
Sister Chamberlain and Sister Steffensen
Sister Moulis (I went on exchanges with her and she is from France) 
Sister Gunnel and I at the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment