Monday, September 29, 2014

Americanisms

We were able to go to the temple this week with our hilarious investigator Harry! Mike, our recent convert drove us with Candy (an awesome American who is here for film masters). Harry is obsessed with going to Utah after his baptism to see the Salt Lake temple, and he makes me smile. He is from London and can talk your ear off, but he is sincere and is loving learning. This is the last week of the transfer and I sure hope that Sister Barnes and I get to stay together in Bournemouth. I correct Sister Barnes when she says Americanisms, (ie: car park instead of parking lot, mobile instead of cell phone, rubbish bin, in stead of garbage bag) but I am not sure if she is just preparing me for going back to America. Anyways I do not have an accent, so everyone lower your expectations, but I do love the British terminology and will have to adjust to not adding an "u" to every word like saviour. Anyways I love you all so much! The gospel is true and am so grateful to be able to listen to the words of the prophet and his apostles. It is my favourite time of the year, and I have started writing questions down to prepare myself for the answers that the Spirit can give during conference.I invite you all to do likewise. I am so grateful for the Spirit nudging to be change and be better each day. I love all of you loads!
 
Love,
Sister McLeod  

No comments:

Post a Comment