Monday, September 22, 2014

Diversity

Jean: Jean is the sweetest, kindest lady you can meet. Her house is truly the epitome of "grandma's house". Literally every time I am over there I think nothing can go wrong in this house. She has been trying to share the gospel with her neighbor Samantha for some time now and is really starting to break the ice. This week Jean invited us over for lunch and she then went and knocked on Sam's door to see if she would come over, but there was no answer so she left a card saying we were there and that she also had a sweater that she had knitted for Sam's son. Jean had so much faith and was hoping so much that her doorbell would ring and that Sam would finally come into her home. And not long after that is just what happened. And Jean was so very excited. It was the cutest thing, she just jumped and said prayers are answered! We were able to get to know Samantha and set up an appointment with her and are excited to begin teaching her! I am so grateful for people like Jean on my mission and just in life. I learn and grow from their faith and courage.

21: Sister Barnes was 21 and it was so fun to celebrate it. It was the first companion I've been with that I have gotten to celebrate a birthday with. I realized we have only been together 21 days, but it seems like it has been years with Sister Barnes. It was fun to decorate the flat and let me tell you being sneaky is really hard when you're with a companion 24/7. I made her close her eyes a lot when I was buying things for her. I got her 21 things and wrote 21 reasons why I loved her and then put post-its throughout the house. Oh man I just love birthdays.

Teaching Pool: I finally feel like we have a solid teaching pool with really cool people from all different backgrounds. Chinese student with no religious background, 2 guys in their early 20's really trying to change their life and find the truth, a man from Zimbabwe who is very christian, a spiritualist lady, a born again old man who feels like now is his time to learn about the Book of Mormon, an Iranian who converted to Christianity a couple years ago, 2 teenagers from a part member family, and so on. This is what I love about the England London South mission, the diversity of every area.  It is amazing to be able to study and pray specifically for a person and find a scripture or something that really connects with them. It  shows that the gospel is for everyone no matter your background. I came across this scripture this morning and it is probably my new favourite. I think a new scripture becomes my new favourite every day. 


24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
 25 And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you;
Zone training and exchange: Ahh so much this week, Sister Ghalkhani came to Bournemouth with me. She has been out 3 weeks and is from Germany so I was pumped to be with a German again. She is already so amazing! Zone training was awesome. I presented this obstacle course thing illustrating the idea of forgetting yourself and going to work. Ahh my time is dwindling so I can't explain, but it was cool.

I love you all so much and have a wonderful week!

Sisters in Poole zone

Sister Ghalkhani



No comments:

Post a Comment