Monday, September 15, 2014

Women's Conference

European Women's Conference: It was the first ever conference for women held in Europe in Frankfurt, Germany and it was amazing to hear the words of Elder Bednar and Elder Ballard. Elder Bednar talked of the enabling power of Christ's Atonement and gave the example of his wife who suffered with morning sickness 24/7 for 8 months of her first pregnancy. He saw everyday the power that was given to her to endure each day and it was a power beyond her own-through Christ. What left an impression with me was how both of these apostles talked about women in the most sincere and loving way to the point where I don't know how you didn't leave feeling like the best person in the planet. I felt so much love, and that is the greatest gift you can give a person when you are giving a talk or lesson. Another thing I thought about was when he said in talking about the apostles and prophet was that "they are better in private that they are in public." He said I serve with modern day Moronis and I loved that concept in applying in my own life. What am I like when no when is around or in the private moments with people? I know these men are truly called of the Lord to be apostles and prophets of Jesus Christ. We have a living day prophet who I love so dearly. I am so excited for general conference coming up in October.

Week: This week has been wonderful. We were able to see a lot of people and involve the members in the work more fully. I have been so blessed with every ward I have served in England. These people are amazing. My favourite teach this week was with a 21 year old named Rodney. He prayed on his 21st birthday (last week) that he could find the truth about religions, and we knocked on Monday. When he told his Dad, he showed him a lot of anti-Mormon material, but still met with us and feels like there is something that he has never felt before. We had a powerful lesson with him, and I don't fret about these things because I know God is more powerful than man, and he will let us know the truth.

I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister McLeod

Exchanges with the saucy Salisbury sisters! And slushies on p-day after playing tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment