Monday, October 13, 2014

Birthday Week

I seriously want to cry right now because I just spent 30 minutes writing out a really good email right now, and randomly it just vanished right now, and now I have no time, so I'm really sorry and really mad at the moment. My sweet companion let me re-write some of what I originally wrote, and really sorry all of you I didn't get to properly respond to. Next week! Thanks for all your birthday wishes:)

22: I don't know about you, but I don't feel 22 T-Swifty. What the heck! I felt like I wasn't 21 at all. Time flies when you're preaching the good word I guess. Twas a lovely day. Sister Barnes made it special and left me loads of cute funny notes accompanied by random poundland (equivalent of dollar store) finds including a One direction 2015 calendar. We went to lunch with my Jamaican grandma Monica. She is the best. Missionary work wise: We taught this amazingly prepared man for Portugal, Paulo and he gladly accepted a baptismal date. He came to church too and loved it. We were then flogged by Harry, but then taught a really spirit filled plan of salvation lesson to Manny. In the evening we went to the Blightons for a birthday dinner. Their little boy Charlie was turning 8 so it was fun to celebrate with them :) It was really cool because their friend Justine came and we got chatting and she is interested in learning about the church and so excited to meet with her tomorrow. We then got picked up from the zone leaders and drove to Chichester for MLC the next day. The sisters made Costco brownies, so overall a really wonderful 22nd day of birth. 

MLC: I was a little stressed on my birthday because I had to speak the following day for 20 minutes about Accountability to the Lord. It is a bit intimidating speaking in front of all these awesome missionaries and president Millar, but the Spirit helped me and it turned out well. At the beginning I did a skit acting out the parable of the 10 virgins, but of the 4 sisters to illustrate that you can't give someone else your accountability to the Lord. The bridegroom was the district leader and my homies from the MTC Sister Cowley and Barrow were the wise sisters and Sister chamberlain and I were the foolish ones. It was funny, but I think illustrated that accountability to the Lord is not just a principle of the mission, but an eternal one. 

When it really hits you: On Wednesday I found out my old companion Sister Anderson had a tragedy in her family. Her sister with 2 little girls suddenly died of a brain tumor and she was able to fly out to Denmark to be with her family. When I read that, I immediately started balling and I felt so much sadness for her and her family. There is such a special bond you can make with your mission companions especially when we have been writing each each week after being together. When I returned to the flat, I just got down on my knees and prayed with the Lord for comfort for her and her family. It seems like when I feel the Spirit the most it is when I am praying for others to have peace amidst their difficulty. If you could keep her family in your prayers, that would be amazing. I am grateful for the principle that our families last forever and death is but a temporary pause into our eternal progression. I know that this is possible through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I love my Saviour and his ability to help each of us amidst the storms of life.

Love you all,
Sister McLeod









No comments:

Post a Comment